After losing Monday to the end of a wonderful weekend away, it’s been a rushed week trying to fit everything in. The main things this week have been more of a focus on “Little Shop of Horrors”, preparing to accompany for upcoming ABRSM exams and spare time being used for more web development.
Little Shop Of Horrors
- Rehearsals are really picking up for Billboard Junior’s upcoming production; the chorus is sounding fantastic and the soloists are really making the piece their own. It’s such a pleasure to be working on one of my favourite musicals with such an enthusiastic ensemble and the DIY props are looking incredible - look out, here comes Audrey II!
- One of my Grade 3 (ABRSM) piano pupils sat their exam and, after a last minute push of intense practicing, did themselves proud. We’ll find out the results in the next few weeks.
- I’ve been rehearsing with a number of Rachel Louise March’s Grade 1 (ABRSM) singing pupils preparing to accompany for their exams. Always a pleasure to hear Rachel’s pupils sing and I’m looking forward to their big day next week!
- Compositions (renamed from ‘Portfolio’): Added 'Shuffle' button to the page; the idea here is to show more of the pieces in the Compositions without having to scroll around the page itself.
- Services: Rejigged the page to have first draft details of the categories of work I do - Composition, Musical Direction, Tuition and Other.
- Clients: Added filter to show the different categories of work I do.
I’m considering dropping these updates down to each month, but I do find them useful, even just for me, to keep a log of what’s been happening (you’d think I’d just keep a diary…). I guess the next few objectives would be:
- Write a new blog every week
- Write a new piece of music every week
- Sort out my bike. It’s really not in a good place right now!
We'll see what next week brings.